Hope your week is going wonderfully! About a month ago I had the privilege of decorating this cake. The sister sent me a picture of her brother's truck which they wanted me to copy as best as I could for his Birthday cake. Sadly, I don't (didn't ;) know anything about the anatomy of a car. When decorating I was making it look more like a
modern Ford pickup truck instead of an
antique Chevy flatbed truck. . . so my brothers and Dad came to the rescue. They kept giving suggestions and tips when I was decorating, letting me know what was wrong and needed changed. Telling me it's not a "trailer" it's the bed, it's called a cab not "the front of the car", and recommended lifting the truck off of the cake board. Their interest in helping me out was so appreciated (love you, guys!). I'll never look at cars the same way after spending two whole days talking about them!
After carving the chocolate cake into a truck shape, I covered and decorated the cake with fondant. Everything was edible including the wooden bed. All the silver pieces are nontoxic (I have had a few people ask about it), it was painted on with edible food color mist. To give it the "brand new" shine I brushed the truck with a bit of water.
School studies and planning for a wedding cake is on my radar for this week. You all have a blessed one!
Cake Designer: Ooh La La! Cakery
Photographer:
Anna Liz Photography
Icing: Fondant
BEAUTIFUL job!!!
ReplyDelete