Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Cake Gallery // Nikon Camera

Back in December, I decorated this cake for a friend who is a talented photographer. Since we don't have a Nikon Camera, my sister looked up a picture similar to the photographer's Nikon, which was immensely helpful, particularly for the details. There isn't any red on the real camera besides the Nikon symbol, but it added a nice touch and color instead of everything just being black and silver. I'm usually especially careful not to get water on fondant cakes since it leaves ugly glossy spots, but brushing water on the camera gave it a "glossy-plastic" finish, which is exactly what I wanted!






 


 I'll be honest, I felt a little funny creating little buttons and putting them all over the cake without knowing how in the world they work! I didn't even realize how many buttons are on a camera until I made this cake, haha!



Cake Designer: Ooh La La! Cakery
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography
Icing: Fondant


3 comments:

  1. That is so adorable, Emily! You should make Youtube videos on how you decorate your cakes =)

    -Hannah
    lovelytreasuress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about it, maybe after I graudate from highschool. I'm still learning a lot so perhaps I'll know more by then, too. =)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED it!!! Thank you again. :):):)

    ReplyDelete