Thursday, October 16, 2014

My First Wedding Cake!

Okay, I am SO excited to post these pictures! This is my first wedding cake. The cake I was always excited to create but also (nervously) dreaded at the same time. =D  I baked so many practice cakes, repeatedly tried to get the icing smooth, stressed over it (yes, I even prayed that nothing would mess up =)... but I came to the wedding with a cake I was proud of and I learned so much.  Looking back, I now know a lot of the "do's" and "don'ts" for a wedding cake. =)





The cake was chocolate with raspberry cream filling and covered in Italian meringue buttercream. The raspberry cream filling is so addicting, it's creamy, rich, and fruity! They wanted a traditional decorated cake with a little bit of a "woodsy" look, which the flower arrangement on the top accomplished really well. The buds and blooms were so pretty together! The delicious-looking chocolate bundt cake on the left (in the top picture) was specially baked by a lady at our church for the cake cutting since the bride is on a gluten free diet. The drizzled icing on the top gave a unique twist to a traditional non-iced wedding cake which I loved! 

I truly enjoyed decorating this cake. Yes, it was trying, but totally worth it. =)  I still feel so honored that I was asked to decorate this cake for a sweet friend.  


6 comments:

  1. What a shame the bride couldn't partake in such an elegant desert! You did a fabulous job! And if I didn't know, I would have said that the cake was designed by a professional baker. So pretty!

    I'm off to eat some chocolate cheesecake my sister Brigi made today!

    Jessica
    The eldest sister & singer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did fabulous. you are amazing! ;) <3 you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful that you had that opportunity, Emily :)! And so beautifully done :)! All of your cakes are so well done! I pinned your candle cake (looooove it!!!) :). I wish I liked to eat decorated cakes, haha :)!

    Blessings,

    Bri :) (the nosy person who asked for your blog on the Thanks forum ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! You are really talented. :-)
    ~Katie@ liliesofgrace.blogspot.com
    P.S I'm the girl from Give Thanks X7 asking for the name of your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete