Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Veterans Home Cake Walk // Patriotic Cake

My uncle is a Vietnam Veteran, and he and my aunt frequently volunteer at a Veterans Home near their hometown where they enjoy helping and ministering to others who have served in the military. Their love and care for the veterans is so inspiring to me, it's always neat to hear their stories from the V.A. home! Last weekend they held a cake walk for the veteran's families, which my aunt and uncle thought would be fun for me to participate in by making a cake. I took a break from decorating cakes in September (to get back into the school routine), so I happily agreed to create my first red, white, and blue cake! 



This cake is entirely fondant, though I heard from my uncle that is surprised a couple people. =) I like working with fondant so this was quite fun to pull together!



Cake Designer: Ooh La La! Cakery
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography 
Icing: Homemade Marshmallow Fondant
Perfect for: patriotic occasion



1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily! You just brought me back to Remembering WWII with the red whit and blue! This is such a cute cake, and I'll bet all of the vets appreciated your handiwork. :)

    Blessing,

    Jessica
    The eldest sister & singer

    ReplyDelete