Saturday, September 13, 2014

From The Recipe Box: S'more Brownies

The long awaited Autumn is finally here in the Midwest! I had to make a seasonal dessert to celebrate the cooler weather, and what fits better then S'mores? Instead of making the traditional I decided to take a different road and try my own version of "S'more Brownies". They were amazing! They are easy to put together and taste just like fire-roasted s'mores with double amount of chocolate and less of a sticky mess (I certainly didn't have a problem with that! =). They were a huge hit at my house and I'm sure we will be enjoying them again!





Gimme S'more  Brownies


  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 2 cups cane sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • marshmallows (normal size or mini)
  • crushed gram crackers


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 pan. In a medium bowl, mix together oil, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. DO NOT BEAT. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until just blended.  Spread the batter evenly into your prepared pan. Take your marshmallows and push them into your batter 1" inch apart. If you use mini marshmallows I would recommend just tossing them all over the top. Then sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top until the batter is completely covered. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm and don't forget the milk! Drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with extra cracker crumbs for garnish if desired.

Notes:

-Cut with plastic knife to get clean straight cuts
-Do not beat or over-mix your brownie batter. I really mean "until JUST blended". If you over mix your batter you will end up with dry, crumbly brownie-cake! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment