I know, I know. It's December and I'm posting a Summer cake. When you have a brother that is fascinated by all things frogs, toads, and insects that doesn't matter though. This cake was inspired
and created for my younger brother, Isaac, lover of all things nature!
There's a lot of different things that make up this cake. Kit-Kats for the wood/barrel surrounding the cake, Sixlets for bubbles, fondant frogs, lily pads, fly, ladybugs, and water. The frog's tongue and the fly's wings are the only things that are not edible. I love being creative and using whatever I can find to make my ideas come together on a cake. =)
Cake Decorator: Ooh La La! Cakery
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography (my sis)
Icing: fondant
My younger sister would love this! She is a frog fanatic, haha :)!
ReplyDeleteOh I just have to laugh at the completely crazy amount of creativity you put into this cake, Emily!! It looks like it came strait out of a cartoon, or some children's TV program I used to watch when I was a little girl! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd while I am hear, though I know this is a bit backwards, I have to say that your Hello Kitty cake was indeed perfection! The watercolor technique you used made the cake look so soft and plush, just like Hello Kitty! Simply fabulous!
I tip my hat to you, my dear.
Blessings,
Jessica, the eldest sister & singer
Thanks! =) The frog's big eyes really make it look cartoon-ish, haha!
Delete