Thursday, August 21, 2014

Farmyard Animals

Farm cakes are not rare at our house, but my youngest brother, Samuel, is truly a farmer at heart. He loves helping out on the farm, is a loyal animal-lover, and treasures a stuffed cowboy Woody character from Toy Story. Even though he tends to enjoy getting stylish for church, he can't part with his cowboy boots and jeans. Based on that, a country cake seemed to fit just fine for the occasion!




3D characters are not my specialty, so I was a little nervous making this cake since they are the main focus. They are not "perfect" but turned out lovable and fun. The little sheep is my favorite, and I'm sure I will have fun creating it again for birthdays and baptisms to come!



(Please forgive the background, it would not have been my first choice but was all we had right then. These pictures were literally taken last minute!)


Cake Designer: Wilton
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography 
Icing: fondant
Perfect for: birthday, any farm theme occasion 



1 comment:

  1. Wow Emily! I am just FLOORED by your talent!!! You're doing an AMAZING job! :)

    ReplyDelete