Friday, August 8, 2014

Reese's Pieces Illusion Cake

What better way to show you love peanut butter and chocolate then to have Reese's Pieces pouring on a chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and icing for your birthday?  Not to mention the bag and the candy are in mid-air....yes, I'm defying gravity right now. =)



Illusion cakes have been on my list of cakes to decorate since I saw one on the YouTube channel, My Cupcake Addiction. I had planned on doing this cake with m&ms (like in the YouTube video) for my birthday. However, I decided since my brother Luke loves peanut butter and chocolate, it was a good opportunity to surprise him with a very special birthday present.

A balloon stick is the secret to the "falling" candy. I simply used melted chocolate to stick the candy to the stick, cut a corner of the bag and popped it on the top. Much easier then it looks!

Do you have any fun ideas for my next Illusion cake? 


Cake Designer: Ooh La La! Cakery (inspired by My Cupcake Addiction)
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography 
Icing: buttercream
Perfect for: any occasion


1 comment:

  1. Oooh; I think this cake just became my favorite that you've made so far! It looks incredibly good...<3
    Nice work! =)

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete