Trying to catch up on all these summer birthday cakes before I get busy this upcoming season (we have lots of fall birthdays)! This one was for a sweet young lady who loves purple and horses. Her sisters informed me that she is the girly-girl of the family, so "make it extra feminine" (you can always rely on sisters for information about each other ;).
What do you think of the silver centered flowers? I was inspired by another cake decorator to give it a try. They are by far my new favorite way to create flowers!
Her mother wanted a buttercream cake with a horse silhouette. The horse silhouette instead of a 3D figure gives the cake a more elegant look. Also thankful for my new tools to conquer those sharp edges! =)
Antique books coming next!!!
Cake Designer: Ooh La La! Cakery
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography
Icing: buttercream (some fondant decorations)
Hello Emily!
ReplyDeleteThis is Jessica from the Boyer Family Singers blog, stopping in to say, Oh My Goodness! Why did we never meet before?!? You are SOOOO talented in cake making and fondant shaping, it reminds me of, well, me! I love to sculpt in clay, and I even did a little class in which I taught 6th grader homeschoolers how to make little nativity scene animals, and they were not unlike yours. :) This is just too neat! We are going to follow you and your sisters photography blog, and excuse me, but we might end up penetrating into your life a little bit... Haha! Anyhow, I must commend you on how professional your blog looks, and if I may further state, it's like I just stepped into an actual bakery, and a smell of sweet sugariness just sent a thrill of joy through my being. Great job!
We would love to get to know you better, so should I contact you through your sister?
Blessings and many warm hugs!
Jessica
The eldest sister & singer
Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting, Jessica! I can't tell you how much of a compliment it is to say my blog looks like an actual bakery! =) Anna (sister and photographer) did a terrific job on it!
DeleteI have really enjoyed following your blog since you did the button-up challenge with Olivia Howard from Fresh Modesty. You and your sister's love for the Lord and heart for encouraging girl's in modesty is such a blessing! It would be great if you could contact us through my sister (she said she is happy to pass it along)!!!
Thank you, again!
Emily