Thursday, June 19, 2014

Antique Books


I have been wanting to make a stacked book cake for the past year. My chance finally came when I was asked to make a 16th birthday cake for a young man that loves theology and church history. It was a challenging and fun project to do!



I wanted the "books" to look like they were laying on a study desk instead of just a white board. To achieve this look I covered my board in fondant and painted it with edible paint (coloring gel) and finished it off with a candle in a fondant holder. I made a "wood" board for the Super-Dad cake and had fun doing it again! It's now one of my favorite ways to present cakes! 





  


 Cake Designer: Ooh La La! Cakery
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography 
Icing: Fondant


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Emily! You do a wonderful job! They are amazing! Keep up the good work. Love, Rachael B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rach! Appreciate you taking the time to look at my website! =)

      Delete