Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Super-Dad

When father's day came around I knew what cake I wanted to make for my dad! It was a ton of fun to make, especially since it's for one of my favorite people! The whole cake (and board) is fondant besides the buttons. The logo was the hardest since I stenciled it out instead of using a mold.



I laughed at how I learned a lot about "men's fashion" while making this! =) Ex.: guy's buttons are on the right side not the left like girl's shirts, men's ties do not have squared ends but are v-shaped. Yeah, you would think I should know that...

I made this cake for my Dad because I thought of all the "heroic deeds" he has done. He has chosen to trust and obey the Lord no matter what happens, even if times get tough.  He has kept his commitment to the Lord by staying with my Mom these past 25 years. He has trained, disciplined, loved, encouraged, provided, "died" for his family all his life. He loves the Lord with all his heart and nothing can come between that relationship. Just because he hasn't beat up "bad guys" and saved the world from destruction doesn't mean I can't call him my hero. =) He is by far, my favorite superhero out there. =)


To see a sneak peek of my next post check out the cake gallery HERE !

                     
Cake Designer: Ooh La La! Cakery
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography 
Icing: Fondant

No comments:

Post a Comment