Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Apple Tree

A friend gave me a cake book called "Organic and Chic" by Sarah Magid that she thought I might like. I not only like it but love it! It's the best cake book out there, ever. All her cakes are feminine, cute ("chic") and vintage. I got so much inspiration from the book, and this cake is the result!



My younger sister's 11th birthday cake was apple flavored with caramel filling (both recipes are from the book), and vanilla buttercream . The branches, leaves, and pearls are piped with buttercream. The bees are fondant with parchment paper wings. The flowers are also fondant, including the centers. 




If summer cakes are your thing be sure to check back soon for a little girl's garden cake!


Cake Designer: inspired by  "Organic and Chic" by Sarah Magid 
Photographer: Anna Liz Photography 
Icing: buttercream, fondant decorations 
Perfect for: birthday, baby shower, bridal shower, wedding, tea parties

No comments:

Post a Comment